Saturday, March 15, 2008

del.icio.us

I have created a delicious account at the following link:
http://del.icio.us/cavalieria

It's very easy to get stuck looking at sites not directly relevant to the task at hand - you may have noticed my leanings towards Cavaliers. When I have more time I will add the websites for my favourite authors. This is something I find frustrating - when I run out of books to read (?sounds impossible - not for me), and I think of checking if any of my favourite authors are due to pop out a new book, I keep forgetting who is on my list. De.icio.us will be great for this purpose.
I have also been saving websites for future travel to places in the novels I like, so I can include these on del.icio.us.


Fortunately I use Firefox at home which is where I set up the account, so it was pretty easy. I will have to read the alternate instructions to set one up at work.
I think it will be very useful at work, where I currently have to use different computers throughout the day, which means access to my favourites is never the same.
I can see if being of immense usefulness for staff accessing and saving websites of interest for helping customers. In the longer term, having one set up like Sutherland's would be great for our library patrons to access. Again, this could take some time for setting up and maintaining.

No comments: