Thursday, March 13, 2008

YouTube and Google video

I have been working my way through the suggested items on YouTube and Goodle video and so far I would have to say they leave me uninspired. I can see that there is an opportunity for libraries to advertise their wares in this way, but realistically the videos for the New Jersey library are pretty corny, and preaching to the converted. I can't really imagine, for example a teenager, being inspired by one of these videos to use the library if they had never done so before.
When I did a search using "library Australia" as keywords, I came up with a bizarre video for the Brisbane library, obviously made for the amusement of it's creators, to make fun of the library.
I guess this is all good fun for someone, so each to his own.
The videos used in the training we've done are interesting and easy to understand, so I can see the usefulness of this type.
Sorry to sound like a party-pooper.

I just looked at the Mosman library videos of their author nights. These were much more interesting to me. I can see this is a great way to share the events with public, and publicise the library's activities to encourage future attendance.

No comments: