Monday, March 10, 2008

Wikis and Wikipedia

At last I have reached a lesson about which I actually already know something.
After attending the reference seminar last year, a colleague and I decided to make a wiki for information services staff to use. It took us a while to teach ourselves, and even longer to put on lots of information that is now accessible to info services staff.
We used wetpaint, and did not realise we could have had a choice.
If anyone reads this, do you know of a way to NOT have advertising on Wetpaint?
I would now like to make one using a different wiki-maker (or whatever they are called).
I can see that there are features we have not tapped such as adding videos,

It seemed very weird to edit Wikipedia - I added our council website to the external links for the town where I live.

No comments: