Thursday, March 6, 2008

Flickr

I uploaded 5 photos of our library to Flickr with tags last night but so far have still not been able to find them. I understand it can take till the next day, so hopefully soon.
It's interesting looking at the photos of other libraries as they are all so different to each other. The one of Wallsend library is amazing.

I can see there is an advantage to loading one's own photos onto Flickr for security reasons, but it does seem like a time consuming task. It tool me a long time to load the photos from my computer to Flickr and ended up resizing them to make them load more quickly. I am certainly not an expert and I guess there is probably a better way to go about it.

I don't really have the urge to put personal photos on Flickr for the purpose of sharing them with others, with the possible exception of photos of my dog, as I really enjoy looking at all the other gorgeous individuals who are the same breed.

With regards to Learning 2.0 in general, we have had a lot of trouble accessing all the activities due to firewall restrictions, but I am hoping this will improve. Time is also a huge constraint, as members of our team are generally on information desk duties when they are at work. Because I have encouraged the staff in my team to undertake this program, I have had to help some staff to at least begin a blog so they can register. I don't think 15 minutes per day would be anything like sufficient for those who know very little about all this to begin with.

At this point I am thinking anything new I learn is one more thing I didn't know before, which has to be a good thing.

No comments: