Wednesday, March 26, 2008

LibraryThing

At first I could not really see the point of this for me personally, but I added some of my favourite books for the sake of the exercise. This led to a great find of a book i didn't know about by an author I have really enjoyed in the past. I can see it being useful for customer for "who writes like?" queries, and to peruse the reading styles of those who appear to be interested in similar subjects. I have not had a great urge to use it since doing this exercise. On the other hand, I can't STOP saving things to del.icio.us and have urged my husband to use it also. The only drawback is he keeps saving his favourites to my del.icio.us by mistake. I'll be well equipped if anyone wants to know about Suzuki VStrom motorbikes.
I have slowed down in the training over Easter, so now need to get on to the next week.

2 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

You sound like you are really enjoying the Learning 2.0 program, and discovering things to help you at work (and home! There are a lot of motor bikey library staff and partners out there!)

Some good ideas from your earlier post on del.icio.us too - thanks!

Victoria

mickeymouse said...

You're busted. Have read your blogs and you sound mildly intellectual. I wish I'd gone to your blog earlier, could have copied some of it.!!!!!!!!! C U Need any help on the mashup!!!!!